Careers @ Forestell Landscape Design
Job Posting – Tractor Operator
POSITION TITLE: Operator/Labourer
REPORTS TO: President, Forestell Inc.
The Operator/Labourer is an hourly paid employee who reports to the construction crew leader and under that person’s general direction primarily works independently to perform management duties to the company.
JOB SUMMARY: job duties, initiating activities
- Work on construction site
- Planning/Organizing Construction Activities
- Driving trucks and floating materials and Equipment
SKILLS (knowledge, skills, abilities, responding behaviors, physical demands)
- High School graduate with updated related courses in horticultural/landscape industry
- Heavy equipment course or equivalent training
- Decision-making and problem-solving skill
- Written and oral communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and adaptation to change
- Valid G license
- AZ or DZ license an asset
Operating Equipment: Trucks, Tractors and Trailors
- Perform daily circle checks on equipment
- Ensure by letting mechanic know of any repairs or maintenance to be done on equipment
- Load trucks with materials in a safe fashion
- Tie down loads as per MTO regulations
- Do deliveries of materials as directed by construction manager picking up aggregate at pits or other materials from suppliers
- Load equipment to be floated
- Grease equipment on a daily basis
- Be on call in the winter months to plow snow or perform snow haulage
- Respond within 30 minutes to text messages for snow removal
- Plow properties maintained by Forestell including but not limited to: parking lots; driveways; roadways.
Pay is competitive and increases with experience and results!
Please apply at email@example.com. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.